May 13, 2011

World Speed

The turtle is my connection and I am the boy
I went on http://www.speedtest.net/ to test my awful connection (I don't post my results, they are ... like the connection) and in the site I noticed a link that shows the Top Ten Countries (download speed, upload speed, quality, cost...).

Ok, clicked.


Is interesting to note that developing countries have better speed, probably because they have newer infrastructure than other countries that still use older hardware (control units, telephone lines).
My country is not in the list. What a shame.




/OT:
Finally Blogspot works right. Some blogposts are gone, comments too. :facepalm:

3 comments:

  1. developing countries@ or maybe there is not enough demand so current users enjoy moar BW. Or maybe there is a still growing market and the "competence"... the competence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know in South Korea one of the reasons is because the houses are closer together and because the government promotes internet use for education and success.

    I wish the U.S. promoted faster bandwidth. It's among the worst of any developed country with the average being 3 Mbps, and it's more expensive too.

    ReplyDelete

You can add your comment anonymously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...